Can a mix bring you happiness? That's the question our special guest Dr. Benjamin Rathert explores on today's Blank Cassette with his Volume 116, a mix made during a pretty intensely unhappy period. Music clearly has a transformative power, but will this collection of songs do it? Ben shares a really personal journey with us today that I think you'll all enjoy.
Check out our Spotify playlist for the episode here!
If you like Blank Cassette, be a mensch and rate/review us on iTunes? You can also check out the Nerdologues' Patreon page for all sorts of cool extras, including about another 10 minutes of interviews with Dr. Ben!
Ben's Volume 116 contains:
1. The Corrs ft. Bono - Summer Wine
2. Tracy Chapman - The Promise
3. Garth Brooks - The Change
4. Billie Holiday - Ill Wind
5. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
6. The Police - King of Pain
7. Kenny Chesney - Better as a Memory
8. AC/DC - Moneytalks (live)
9. Yael Naim - New Soul
10. Alan Menken - One Jump
11. Jans Lekman - Friday Night at the Drive-In Bingo
12. Alan Jackson - That'd Be Alright
13. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
14. Van Morrison - Wavelength
15. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
16. Vertical Horizon - You're a God
17. Paul McCartney - Calico Skies
18. Cyndi Lauper - True Colors (acoustic)
19. Frank Sinatra - It Was a Very Good Year