Hey guys, Eric here. Usually this show is (hopefully!) a great way to learn about other people and their musical taste. But this week, I'm gonna make it all about ME. Here's this weird annual tradition that me and nobody else does where I compile my favorite tracks from the previous year, mixed in with a bit of a story about my 2016. Even though the year was shit, there was a ton of amazing music I found (thanks to some sources I'll detail in the episode), and I really like this mix. I hope y'all enjoy it too!
Check out our Spotify playlist for full tracks (where available)!
Eric's 2016 Favs includes:
1. Brian Fallon - A Wonderful Life
2. Such Hounds - I've Been Lost
3. Declan McKenna - Brazil
4. Operators - Blue Wave
5. Game Theory - Look Away
6. Steel Panther - Bukkake Tears (live acoustic)
7. Lucius - Almost Makes Me Wish for Rain
8. Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam - A 1000 Times
9. Against Me! - Crash
10. Ryan Adams - Do You Still Love Me?
11. Ages and Ages - Kick Me Out
12. Motherfolk - Control
13. case/lang/veirs - Best Kept Secret
14. Ghost B.C. - Square Hammer
15. Springtime Carnivore - Nude Polaroids
16. Lady Gaga - Hey Girl (ft. Florence Welch)
17. Ashanti - Helpless (ft. Ja Rule)
18. Japandroids - Near to the Wild Heart of Life
19. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road (live in St. Louis)