Breaking the hiatus for a special episode! Writer/producer Gary Lucy (hot off the new Nerdologues podcast LET'S GET IT ON) shares a mix and a story about how soul music actually saved his life. A perfect primer for Let's Get It On as well as for anyone who needs a sonic pick-me-up!
For complete songs, check out our Spotify playlist.
And please check out Let's Get It On! Fans of this show will likely enjoy it quite a bit!
Gary's Soul Power includes:
1. Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
2. The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
3. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
4. William DeVaughn - Be Thankful for What You've Got
5. The Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can
6. Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next to You
7. The Jacksons - Enjoy Yourself
8. Marilyn McCoo - You Don't Have to Be a Star
9. George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic - Not Just Knee Deep
10. Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage
11. Midnight Star - No Parking (On the Dance Floor)
12. Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama
13. Barry White - You're the First, My Last, My Everything
14. Smokey Robinson - Crusin'
15. Major Harris - Love Won't Let Me Wait
16. The Isley Brothers - Fight the Power
17. Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing a Song
18. Hues Corporation - Rock the Boat
19. Deee-Lite - Groove Is in the Heart