In the two years this show's been a thing, we've explored all sorts of reasons to make playlists, but here's a first for us: a mix made for an actor to better understand and inhabit her character. This set of songs comes from performer Madison Boan, who put this together a couple years ago to better dive into the character of Clare Wallace from Conor McPherson's play The Veil. In exploring the creation of this list, we talked with Madison about the creative process, healthy artistic behaviors, and kind of just the experience of feeling.
For complete songs (where available), enjoy our Spotify playlist for the episode!
Madison's Clare Wallace includes:
1. Marina and the Diamonds - Lonely Hearts Club
2. Eisley - I Could Be There for You
3. Esperanza Spalding - Cuerpo y Alma (Body & Soul)
4. Halsey - Haunting
5. The Chieftains & Punch Brothers - The Frost Is All Over
6. B.B. King - How Blue Can You Get?
7. Eisley - I Wish
8. Dessa - I'm Going Down
9. Daughter - Medicine
10. Olafur Arnalds - Undan hulu
11. Olafur Arnalds - Tunglio
12. Halsey - Colors pt. II
13. Lana Del Rey - Pretty When You Cry
14. Greg Laswell - This Woman's Work
15. Hozier - Work Song
16. Planxty - As I Roved Out