After highlighting Al "The Big Cheese" Pujols's first trip back to St. Louis after 8 years in Anaheim, MB + Eric slice off very qualified advice to pitchers re protection during at bats and honing focus instead of "controlling emotions." Eric talks about how stinky it is that his home team is at the opposite end of the standings from MB's Braves before they preview a new High + Outside segment covering MB's dip into a co-ed baseball league.
High Sponsor: Morning Glory
Inside Scoop: HBO's Barry
- There are actually 3 teams that had 7 finalists in All-Star voting (the Cubs, Braves, and Astros).
- Pete Alonso broke Darryl Strawberry's Mets record for home runs hit by a rookie (and did it well before the All Star break).
- The Pirates aren't last in the NL Central anymore after a huge comeback win to sweep the Padres.
- The Streisand Effect is exactly what Eric described, named so because Babs tried to get pictures of her Malibu home buried online.
- MB was describing the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. Bet you'll hear about it again soon.
- The Pirates went with #RingtheVote for Bell's All Star campaign... We'd have gone with #ForWhomTheBellPolls.
- Mike Foltynewicz was drafted by the Astros out of high school with the 19th overall pick in 2010 and entered the 2014 season as Baseball America's No. 59 prospect before coming to the Braves in a trade for backstop Evan Gattis.