Ben Rathert's been a mainstay on Blank Cassette, and listeners are by now likely familiar with his Volumes (if not, you can check out his debut episode!). This week, Ben shares an entry from five years ago that puts him in the headspace of having to put some real work into his marriage and parenthood and all the stresses that come with that. This is an incredibly thoughtful talk from a great person, and maybe you can take a lesson or two away from it yourself.
For complete songs, check out our Spotify playlist for the episode.
Ben's Volume 157 includes:
1. Tom Waits - Long Way Home
2. Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now?
3. Natalie Merchant - Carnival
4. James Taylor - You've Got a Friend
5. Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
6. MIKA - We Are Golden
7. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
8. The New Pornographers - The Bleeding Heart Show
9. Alexi Murdoch - All My Days
10. The Wailin' Jennys - Deeper Well
11. Bruce Springsteen - Ain't Good Enough for You
12. Pretenders - Hymn to Her
13. Dawes - A Little Bit of Everything
14. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love
15. Moxy Fruvous - Your New Boyfriend
16. Steve Martin and the Toot Uncommons - King Tut
17. The Zutons - Valerie
18. Rilo Kiley - Accidntel Deth
19. John Mayer - Belief